Welcome to the Web site about Brett Hulsey !
• State Representative serving Madison, Middleton, and Shorewood Hills. Member of the Energy and Utilities, Natural Resources, and Tourism and State Facilities Committees.
• Founder of an award-winning environmental and energy firm, Better Environmental Solutions, promoting practical solutions that save lives, helped create 100’s of jobs, and reduce pollution.
• Dane County Board Supervisor for 13 years serving on the Public Protection and Judiciary and Lakes and Watersheds Commission. Former chair of the Personnel and Finance, Strategic Growth Committees, vice-chair of the Transportation Committees, Chronic Wasting Disease Taskforce member of the Transportation Planning Board.
• Madison Area Technical College guest instructor, UW lecturer and have taken courses at UW and the UW Certified Public Manager Program.
• Environmental Policy Advisor for the Clinton and Gore Campaign
• Served 17 years as an environmental educator and advocate for the Sierra Club
• Energy Conservation Advocate, VISTA Volunteer for the State Division of Energy
• Former union leader
• Masters of Natural Science, University of Oklahoma, 1988
• Bachelors of Arts, Political Economy, Middlebury College, 1982
Dedicated to Family & Community
• Married 18 years to Mary Kay, who is a family program coordinator. Our son Tyler is a high school junior and enjoys football, rugby, and band, and Lea is a 7th grader and enjoys singing and acting. Our dog Penny likes to chase our cats, Panther and Clara, who are not amused.
• School volunteer and former PTO president and
• Madison and Middleton School sports supporter
• Former president, Madison Nordic Ski Club
• Red Cross blood donor
• Church school teacher, reader and usher
• Girl scout parent volunteer
• MS Society fundraiser
• Food Pantry volunteer
• Awards: FEMA Outstanding Public Service Award for helping flood victims, ARC Elected Official for helping those with disabilities, Men’s Fitness Clean Water Champion Award.
A message from Brett:
"Thirty years ago, a friend and I drove a 1957 pickup truck to Alaska.
There I worked as a Volunteer in Service to America (VISTA) Energy Advocate
helping people stay warmer, save energy and money.
Since then I worked to elect President Clinton, taught math and science,
and worked for the Sierra Club. After the Crypto outbreak in Milwaukee
killed more than 100, I led national efforts to protect us all from deadly
pathogens in our drinking water. For this, Mens Fitness magazine
named me a Clean Water Champion. After the Midwest floods
made thousands homeless, I came up with an innovative way to reduce flooding
by restoring wetlands. For this, FEMA gave me their Distinguished Public
Now I am working with local, state and national leaders like Vice President
Al Gore to come up with practical solutions to global warming as part
of my business, Better Environmental Solutions.
On the County Board, I represent you and your interests. As chair of
the Personnel and Finance Committee, I work to improve our family and
conservation programs, while holding the line on property tax growth.
I sponsored rules to clean up our lakes, make our roads safer, and provided
more sidewalks for our neighborhoods.
The Wisconsin State Journal called me a winner and the Capital
Times said, "Supervisor Hulsey is, by any measure, the most focused
and energetic member of the Dane County Board."
"Hulsey is one of the most effective and necessary
members of the current board."
--The Capital Times
- WikiPedia Page
- Twitter Page
- FabeBook Page
NearMePayday.Loan Madison Wisconsin